While the Wisconsin Dells truly provides a year-round destination for its visitors, mother nature does not always cooperate to make that possible! As the leaves change and the temperature drops, more and more visitors are flocking to the long list of exciting indoor activities here in The Dells. With so much to see and do here, we thought we would take some time to share popular indoor and outdoor activities. Hopefully these suggestions will help guide you towards how to best spend your day, whether you have sunny, blue skies or colder, cloudy days.
Top Ten Indoor Activities in the Wisconsin Dells
- Indoor Waterparks. Come rain or shine, snow or sleet, you can still enjoy the main attraction of the Wisconsin Dells! Known as the “Indoor Waterpark Capital of the World”, The Dells makes sure that this popular activity can be experienced year-round. Mt. Olympus is one of our favorites!
- Rick Wilcox Magic Theater. Prepare to be wowed as master illusionists Rick and Suzan Wilcox entertain you with fast paced illusions, comedy, and much more! This family-friendly, award-winning show is a must-see attraction for those visiting the Dells.
- Knuckleheads Trampoline Park. A sure way to burn some energy when you have to spend the day indoors! Knuckleheads offers an array of activities for all ages. From a trampoline park and indoor rides to a bowling alley and arcade, there’s an indoor activity for everyone at Knuckleheads!
- Tommy Barlett’s Science Center. The Tommy Bartlett Exploratory is the perfect way to combine education and an indoor setting. Explore the Mercury Space Capsule, Russian Space Station, and more.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Always a fan favorite, Ripley’s Believe It or Not features oddities from all around the globe. Spanning over three floors, the Odditorium is home to eleven galleries, puzzling illusions, and a large collection of eclectic items you won’t see anywhere else!
- Wild Fun Zone. Have a blast at the largest arcade in the downtown area of the Wisconsin Dells! Along with a great arcade, Wild Fun Zone features laser tag and 3D miniature golf.
- Chalet’s Lanes and Lounge. Open daily, bowling at Chalet’s Lanes and Lounge is always a crowd pleaser. Grab a bite to eat and have a friendly competition with the fam!
- Tom Foolery’s. This massive indoor adventure park is home to over 100,000 square feet of family fun! Harness up and climb Mt. Foolmore or sit back and see new heights from the indoor Ferris wheel. Feel the wind in your hair as you race around the two-story, elevated go cart track or step on and ride one of the many indoor rides. Whether you are old or young, there is an attraction for every age group at Tom Foolery’s.
- Asgard Axe Throwing and Arcade. Geared towards an older crowd, Asgard Axe and Tap allows you to unleash your inner Viking! Ages ten and up can participate in the axe throwing, all ages are welcome at the arcade.
- Crystal Grand Music Theatre. If you’re more interested in sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying a show – Crystal Grand Music Theatre is the perfect indoor option for you. Guests at Tamarack attending shows at the theatre will receive complimentary shuttles and exclusive discounts to their shows!
We hope the above suggestions helped provide you with a few backup plans for your travel to the Dells, should you have to (or choose to!) stay indoors. We will be doing a two-part blog series, stay tuned for more on our top ten outdoor activities!